Submission

If you have any problems contact me at bubbabookworm@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

English to Text Dictionary?

    I was trying to read a text message from my nephew and was flabbergasted. I could not understand what he was telling me. I had to ask my daughter what the text said. I think it would be easier to grab a German to English dictionary and travel there to be understood than to understand teen-texts.
    It got me to wondering about the trend. what is the cause? One person I talked to suggested that it is just a by product of our faster electronic world. I hope that is not the case. Clear concise written communication is very vital.  I try to be as hip as the next person but trends and slang change almost as fast as it becomes popular. It is no longer groovy being groovy.
    I will keep up with new trends because I find them fascinating. It helps to bridge the generation gap when we try to understand each other. I do believe it would be easier with a translation dictionary of Text to English, so if there is one how there help out an old grandpaw and let me know.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment